UcaDO is the unique socio-platform that enables users to transact their properties in a safe and enjoyable manner worldwide, without the need of an agent, for both residential customers and students. Free to use with no fees or commission for buyers, sellers, lessors or lessees.
Reporting into the Head of Students and Universities the Marketing executive is responsible for the commercial performance of the Marketing channels; both developing the strategy and executing the delivery against the commercial KPI’s. The main channels are the key social media platforms (including influencer marketing), paid search, display/retargeting, email, digital partnerships (eg Weve) and any other channels as applicable over time.
Across all channels, there is a key expectation that data will drive decisions and robust testing strategies will be deployed across channels and campaigns using analytics from a variety of sources.
Duties of the Marketing Executive
- create awareness of and develop the brand you're marketing
- communicate with target audiences and build and develop customer relationships
- help with marketing plans, advertising, direct marketing and campaigns
- support the marketing manager in delivering agreed activities
- source advertising opportunities and place adverts in the appropriate channels
- work closely with in-house and external creative agencies to design marketing materials
- write and proofread marketing copy for both online and print campaigns
- produce creative content, including videos and blog posts
- run social media channels to enhance audience engagement
- organise and attend events such as conferences, seminars, receptions and exhibitions
- source and secure sponsorship
- liaise with designers and printers and organise photo shoots
- arrange the effective distribution of marketing materials
- maintain and update customer databases
- conduct market research, for example using customer questionnaires and focus groups
- develop relationships with key stakeholders both internal and external.
- Identify new trends in digital marketing, evaluate new technologies and ensure the brand is at the forefront of industry developments
- develop and implement a marketing strategy (often as part of a wider sales and marketing programme)
- evaluate and review marketing campaigns, advertising and SEO to make sure the correct mediums are being used and campaigns are effective
- track marketing performance and return on investment and prepare weekly or monthly reports for management
- monitor and report on competitor activity
- lead external agencies, when appropriate, to effectively manage events, press relationships, editorial requests, presentations, promotional materials and online activities
Requirements of the role
You will need to demonstrate strong skills in the creation and editing of content for various platforms
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Good organisation and planning skills
- Commercial awareness
- Previous experience in blogging
- Experience in building social media communities and general marketing experience
- You will need to be skilled in managing data from a variety of sources to create compelling insights for existing or future campaigns. ( eg Facebook Custom Audiences)
- You will need to be skilled at handling time-sensitive projects and working to deadlines.- Ideally a marketing degree or similar qualification and at least 2-3 years relevant work experience.